March 6, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: During a wide-ranging press conference, the president had a special message for Romney.
June 29, 2011
In a press conference, the president scolded (and laughed at) congressional Republicans for their "unsustainable position" on raising the federal debt limit.
March 11, 2011
In a wide-ranging news conference, President Obama defended under-siege programs for the poor and unemployed.
September 10, 2010
The new management team at Johnson Publishing Co. plans to "take a minute" to develop a new strategy before moving in its chosen direction at the beginning of the year.
by Cord Jefferson onSeptember 10, 2010
In a press conference today, the president went on the offensive against Republicans, who immediately struck back. He also addressed 9/11 and the New York City mosque controversy.
September 10, 2009
During Wednesday night's speech, the president outlined the case for health reform before a rowdy Congress. When he wasn't pulling at heartstrings, he was being tough as nails.
July 23, 2009
It’s a truism that health care reform is so hard in large part because so few people actually understand the stuff. Well, last night, President Obama tried his best to frame this year’s debate simply.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966