September 22, 2009
Obama dined with 25 African heads of state and lead diplomats, a lunch designed to broaden and expand the vision for US partnership with the continent expressed in his July visit to Accra, Ghana. Obama stuck with the framework established in Accra and during Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's August trip across the continent, which is that good governance, a robust civil society and investment in human capital are key to continued US partnership with Africa.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]