April 13, 2011
The speech, ripping apart the GOP budget proposal, was the strongest showing the president has had in a long time. But his plan's substance may not match his speech's fiery style.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onApril 13, 2011
Read the transcript of the president's remarks on his plan to reduce the deficit (and how Republican proposals reflect pessimism about America).
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A tech-marketing firm invites a new hire to join their team using social media.
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)
- Mike Goodson: NY Jets RB Arrested On Weapons, Drug Charges
- Glenn Beck: Tea Party Would Have Been Lynched For Marching With MLK