November 23, 2012
Congress' failure to strike a deal could hit blacks harder in these ways.
by Zerlina Maxwell onNovember 19, 2012
The "fiscal cliff" is a politically manufactured crisis that is more like "steps," Zerlina Maxwell writes in a piece at Ebony, adding that Americans can rest assured that the end of the world is not upon us if a deal between House Republicans and the president isn't reached by the deadline on Dec. 31.
by Lynette Holloway onNovember 17, 2012
President Obama stressed that time was short to hammer out an agreement.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’
- Body Of Portland Woman Missing In Hawaii Found On Beach
- Check Out Barack ‘Barry’ Obama’s Prom Pics!