by Michael Arceneaux onDecember 16, 2011
From nude "sexts" to ethics probes, the year had its share of juicy scandals. Remember these?
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onOctober 5, 2011
In today's link roundup: A tale of two very different presidential speeches. Plus: Seven-year-old found in diaper in basement.
by John McWhorter onOctober 5, 2011
Barack Obama's ability to speak Ebonics is nothing to be ashamed of, says our resident linguist.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onSeptember 30, 2011
Is the reaction to the "stop complaining" speech exactly what the president wanted?
September 30, 2011
This week on the Confab: Join Associate Editor Lauren Williams as she chats with Cynthia Gordy, The Root's Washington reporter, and contributor Wilmer Leon about whether or not Barack Obama's black critics are justified and what was up with that CBC speech.
by Cynthia Gordy onSeptember 29, 2011
Amid a backlash for his tone with black folks, experts analyze his strange remarks.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.