by Valerie Jarrett onApril 22, 2013
The senior adviser to President Obama reflects on the personal lessons that have brought her success.
December 6, 2011
Blogging the Beltway: Valerie Jarrett weighs in on the measure's probability and Obama's fiery speech.
by Cord Jefferson onOctober 18, 2010
She is a senior adviser to the president and a trusted confidant. Here's what Jarrett told The Root about Obama's outreach to black voters, what his administration has done to help blacks thus far and what mistakes were made.
July 24, 2009
What does Valerie Jarrett do? Robert Draper (of the scathing Donald Rumsfeld expose) spills 8,000 words of ink on Jarrett for this weekend's NEW YORK TIMES MAGAZINE, in search of that very idea. He tells a lot of great stories about Jarrett's influence with President Barack Obama, stretching back to the glory days in Chicago's Hyde Park, before their close-knit group of friends and power brokers could ever dream of running the country.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Cleveland Eateries Promise Charles Ramsey Free Burgers For Life
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack