January 23, 2013
Pundits shared varying opinions on the importance of Obama's inaugural message.
by Hillary Crosley onNovember 11, 2012
In an interview, the professor pulled no punches regarding the president's priorities.
by Dr. Wilmer J. Leon onSeptember 27, 2011
It's not just the Cornel-Tavis caravan taking the president to task -- and for good reason.
by Lynette Holloway onAugust 9, 2011
Cornel West, Tavis Smiley and Louis Farrakhan met in Father Michael Pfleger's church to press for a focus on the poor.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]