May 9, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: His evolution on the issue complete, the president supports marriage equality.
by Cord Jefferson onOctober 14, 2010
Forget the adulation of '08; this diverse crowd of young potential voters voiced their concerns about the economy, gay rights, black incarceration and more. The Root's Cord Jefferson went to find out if they were buying the president's answers.
by Nsenga Burton onSeptember 25, 2010
A victory for gay rights is somehow being declared a loss for the Obama administration.
by Nsenga Burton onSeptember 9, 2010
A federal judge has declared the U.S. military's ban on openly gay service members unconstitutional.
June 22, 2010
Gay people can now leave work to care for a child.
October 12, 2009
The official transcript of President Obama's address at The Human Rights Campaign's 13th Annual National Dinner on Saturday...
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- UPDATE: 9-Year-Old Girl Who Went Missing After Oklahoma Tornado Found Dead
- Christopher ‘Notorious B.I.G.’ Wallace Would Have Been 41 Today