by Michael Arceneaux onMay 8, 2012
As Vice President Joe Biden makes a bold pro-marriage-equality statement, Ebony's Michael Arceneaux wonders when -- if ever -- President Obama will do the same.
by Claudio E. Cabrera onMarch 18, 2012
Same-sex marriage is already illegal by statute in North Carolina, but there is no constitutional ban.
by David Kaufman onMarch 13, 2012
David Kaufman writes in a blog entry at the Huffington Post that holding President Obama responsible for the fate of marriage equality obscures the bigger issue, which is that the battle will ultimately involve the Senate or Supreme Court.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMarch 4, 2011
Will the president's new gay-marriage position decrease his support from black churchgoers?
February 24, 2011
A leading black gay-rights organization says that President Obama's new stand against the Defense of Marriage Act has especially high stakes for African-American LGBT families.
by Washington Post onDecember 23, 2010
But that doesn't mean the White House is about to launch a national legalize-gay-marriage campaign.
October 13, 2010
An internal argument is brewing among the nation’s top Democrats, who are divided about what to do now that a federal judge has ordered the military to stop enforcing its controversial Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell policy.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Ga. Woman Allegedly Stabs Stepdad Multiple Times
- Homeless Teen Graduates At Top Of Her High School Class
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.