May 1, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: The president outlined goals to end the war in the region and defeat al-Qaida.
June 22, 2011
Obama kept his promise on starting to withdraw troops from Afghanistan this summer. But critics in Congress tell The Root that the numbers aren't nearly enough.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJune 22, 2011
He announced plans to bring 33,000 troops home by September of next year.
December 10, 2009
Overall, Obama's speech successfully blended historical context, powerful imagery, and a hard-headed defense of force in a chaotic world. But don't let the Nobel Committee fool you: For a speech about peace, it was as much about war as the president's December 1 announcement on Afghanistan.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]
- Nurse Arrested For DUI In School Parking Lot [VIDEO]
- Reports: Jennifer Hudson Returning To ‘American Idol’ As Judge