November 13, 2010
The network has taken steps to address concerns raised by journalists of color by hiring a second African American on-air reporter, Alex P. Kellogg.
by Nsenga Burton onNovember 11, 2010
Is Auburn's Cam Newton a "rented mule"?
October 30, 2010
ABC has been flooded with complaints since inviting the conservative blogger behind the Shirley Sherrod scandal to participate in election night coverage.
by John McWhorter onOctober 26, 2010
NPR axed the news analyst because he broke one of our tribal strictures: Thou shalt not stereotype minorities.
October 24, 2010
Juan Williams lashed back at NPR Thursday and Friday over his firing as the network's CEO acknowledged that it bungled Williams' dismissal, and black NPR employees tied Williams' departure to their diversity concerns.
by Lenny McAllister onOctober 22, 2010
Fox News is showing rightful outrage following Williams' gaffe and NPR's hypocritical reaction.
by David Swerdlick onOctober 21, 2010
by Nsenga Burton onAugust 31, 2010
President Obama formally ends combat operations in Iraq.
August 4, 2010
In an NPR interview, West says the president talked to him like a "Cub Scout."
May 14, 2010
Military sex trauma is a very real--and often overlooked--aspect of veteran treatment.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Will Eric Holder consult journalists of color during the Justice Department's review?
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Being The Change: Philadelphia Grandmother Earns Culinary Degree, Credits Obama With Motivation
- Parents Talk Leaving Chicago In Wake Of Mass School Closings
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]