by Celeste Little onNovember 28, 2012
The Root Recommends: A moving tribute album to the late jazz singer's "sovereign soul."
September 30, 2012
Journal-isms: Does NPR's vast applicant pool mean that journalism's found a new "it" topic?
by Jason King onAugust 9, 2012
This writer explores if classic music can really stand the test of time in this digital age.
by Lynette Holloway onJuly 5, 2012
Idlewild, Mich., celebrates its centennial and place in history this summer.
by Salamishah Tillet onJuly 5, 2012
In a piece for NPR, Salamishah Tillet reflects on the singer's legacy and concludes that her aspirations for this country still haven't been achieved.
April 12, 2012
Journal-isms: MSNBC gave the announcement of George Zimmerman's arrest in the Trayvon Martin killing on Wednesday the most coverage on cable news.
March 10, 2012
Journal-isms: A tipsheet says that WNBC colleagues were upset by a New York Post piece.
March 6, 2012
Journal-isms: Rush Limbaugh's radio show has been pulled from Hilo, Hawaii's KPUA-AM 670 in the aftermath of his offensive remarks.
March 4, 2012
Journal-isms: KNBC's vice president for news was top manager in three cities.
February 26, 2012
Journal-isms: But why weren't any people of color considered?
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Blogging the Beltway: By pleading the fifth, the person at the scandal's center didn't quell the uproar.
The graphic details documented by onlookers spread quickly on social media.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Kordell Stewart Denies Claims That He Locked Porsha Out Of Home
- Parent Locked Out Of Spelman Graduation Vows To Stop Support
- Michael Adebolajo Named As Suspect In London Terrorist Attack
- The Sad Truth: Why Kiera Wilmot’s Case Isn’t Over
- Cleveland Eateries Promise Charles Ramsey Free Burgers For Life