by Hayat Mohamed onJune 2, 2011
The iconic producer is teaming up with the biggest names in Arabic music to raise money for the arts in the Middle East.
by Nsenga Burton onFebruary 1, 2011
Tunisia, Algeria, Egypt and now Jordan. Who's next?
June 13, 2010
In 2009 Algeria hosted the 2nd Pan African Arts Festival, featuring some 6,000 artists, writers, musicians and dancers. The first festival was held 40 years earlier, during the height of decolonization and liberation movements. Photographer Charles Martin captured a flavor of the city during his stay at the festival.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]
- Nurse Arrested For DUI In School Parking Lot [VIDEO]
- Reports: Jennifer Hudson Returning To ‘American Idol’ As Judge