by Hayat Mohamed onJune 2, 2011
The iconic producer is teaming up with the biggest names in Arabic music to raise money for the arts in the Middle East.
by Nsenga Burton onFebruary 1, 2011
Tunisia, Algeria, Egypt and now Jordan. Who's next?
June 13, 2010
In 2009 Algeria hosted the 2nd Pan African Arts Festival, featuring some 6,000 artists, writers, musicians and dancers. The first festival was held 40 years earlier, during the height of decolonization and liberation movements. Photographer Charles Martin captured a flavor of the city during his stay at the festival.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Will Eric Holder consult journalists of color during the Justice Department's review?
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Being The Change: Philadelphia Grandmother Earns Culinary Degree, Credits Obama With Motivation
- Parents Talk Leaving Chicago In Wake Of Mass School Closings
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]