September 1, 2011
Nine black women made it onto Forbes magazine's 2011 list of the world's 100 most powerful women. The selection criteria included leadership, money, buzz and influence. Of course, The Root recognizes such achievers regularly in the arts, technology, public service and other areas. But we're always willing to give kudos to other media, which don't often enough recognize the determination, hard work and skills of women who happen to be black.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A tech-marketing firm invites a new hire to join their team using social media.
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Twitter Decides: Miguel Wins Billboard Awards With Fan Drop Kick! [VIDEO]
- Va. GOP Candidate: Planned Parenthood Worse Than KKK, Civil Rights Leaders Guilty Of Genocide
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)