January 17, 2010
It is common knowledge that a majority of players in the National Football League are black. Less noticed is the fact that the league is home to a growing number who are native-born Africans or children of African immigrants. They hail from Ghana to Nigeria to Uganda, and several in this photo gallery are in the 2010 playoffs.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Ga. Woman Allegedly Stabs Stepdad Multiple Times
- Homeless Teen Graduates At Top Of Her High School Class
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.