by Nsenga K. Burton, Ph.D. onDecember 28, 2012
Was Nancy Lanza's poor judgment the root cause of her son's shooting spree in Newtown, Conn.?
by Roland S. Martin onDecember 26, 2012
Writing for CNN.com, political commentator and columnist Roland S. Martin says that, just as Emmett Till's open casket did for civil rights more than half a century ago, a photo of the actual Newtown crime scene would drive home the gun control message.
December 19, 2012
President Obama will talk about the policy process moving forward after the Newtown, Conn., shooting.
by Clinton Yates onDecember 18, 2012
Reflecting on the Connecticut school shooting, The Root DC's Clinton Yates argues that unraveling the culture of violence in the United States begins with making people understand that guns kill people.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A tech-marketing firm invites a new hire to join their team using social media.
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Twitter Decides: Miguel Wins Billboard Awards With Fan Drop Kick! [VIDEO]
- Va. GOP Candidate: Planned Parenthood Worse Than KKK, Civil Rights Leaders Guilty Of Genocide
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)