January 31, 2012
Journal-isms: Five Latino journalists traveled to Israel in another bid by an American Jewish group to influence the United States' growing Latino population.
by John McWhorter onJanuary 31, 2012
But was it ever really a bad thing that black people lived together?
January 27, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: A well-coached Romney played able offense but Gingrich struggled, with no apparent strategy.
by Edward Wyckoff Williams onJanuary 25, 2012
The GOP candidates don't see their racial rhetoric as offensive. You got a problem with that?
January 22, 2012
Journal-isms: BET.com rises in traffic rankings for African-American-oriented websites, according to statistics.
by Jack White onJanuary 22, 2012
RightWatch: It was too easy for Newt to portray him as out of touch, but don't count out Mitt yet.
January 21, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: He's made a speedy comeback in the GOP primaries, but could he win against Obama?
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJanuary 20, 2012
In today's link roundup: A debate about Newt and race. Plus: Religion student dies after tweeting thanks to God.
January 20, 2012
Journal-isms: Veteran journalist George E. Curry has purchased Heart & Soul magazine.
January 20, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: Gingrich blasts the media, Romney avoids the tax-return issue and more.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Ga. Woman Allegedly Stabs Stepdad Multiple Times
- Homeless Teen Graduates At Top Of Her High School Class
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.