by Cynthia Gordy onJanuary 28, 2012
He talks to The Root about Gingrich's "dishonest" strategy and why they are not meeting on race.
by Charles M. Blow onJanuary 7, 2012
New York Times columnist Charles M. Blow dissects the GOP's latest anti-black rhetoric, arguing that inciting racial anxiety and fear energizes the Republican base.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJanuary 6, 2012
The candidate says that if he went before the group, he'd tell black people to demand paychecks instead of food stamps.
by Dr. Boyce Watkins onDecember 8, 2011
In an entry at his Your Black World blog, Dr. Boyce Watkins scoffs at Newt Gingrich's claim that the number of food stamp recipients has increased under Obama.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- UPDATE: 9-Year-Old Girl Who Went Missing After Oklahoma Tornado Found Dead