July 26, 2010
Less than 2 percent of the stories covered in U.S. media in 2009 concerned African Americans. The number one story? The arrest of our editor-in-chief.
June 2, 2010
Prosecutors want to know if the supermodel received uncut stones from former Liberian president Charles Taylor.
by Nsenga Burton onApril 21, 2010
Our unique spin on today's headlines.
December 14, 2009
The divide widens between rich and poor in Copenhagen, Native American gangs on the reservation, New York governor closes the purse, and Houston's gay mayor.
by Associated Press onJuly 20, 2009
Henry Louis Gates Jr., editor in chief of The Root and one of the nation's pre-eminent black scholars, was arrested at his home in Cambridge, Mass last week after a woman thought he was breaking into his own house and called police.
June 2, 2009
If you had to grade Roland Martin's tenure on CNN so far, what would you give him?
May 15, 2009
This week on The Confab: Old Washington stories and new world issues -- money, power, sex strikes and peace. Plus, bonding over unemployment and poetry at the White House. Snaps to that! Join The Root's Managing Editor Lynette Clemetson as she talks with Deputy Editor Terence Samuel, Washington reporter Dayo Olopade and contributor to The Root Sam Fulwood.
* Podcast production by Abdullah Rufus.
* Podcast theme music by Timothy Morrison.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Users will be able to share moving pictures with the popular app starting June 20.
Voting-rights advocates are applauding the decision. But does it mean anything for the long-awaited ruling in Shelby?
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Lil’ Wayne Music Video Shows Rapper Stomping on American Flag
- Mississippi Booty Doc Charged in 2nd Butt-Injection Death
- Dave Chappelle Returns to the Stage With 13-Date Comedy Tour
- Scholar, Author James Weldon Johnson Was Born On This Day In 1871
- Popular Houston Stripper Suffers Miscarriage While Twerking On Stage?