by Jenée Desmond-Harris onDecember 7, 2012
The Newark, N.J., mayor is struggling to live on a limited grocery budget. But that was the idea.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMay 21, 2012
The Newark, N.J., mayor has released a YouTube video re-emphasizing his support for the president.
by Andra Gillespie onMay 8, 2012
The mayor's quick action helped save a woman's life. He'll need more time to rescue Newark.
by Akoto Ofori-Atta onApril 13, 2012
Twitter is ablaze with #CoryBookerStories after the mayor saved a woman from her burning home.
March 23, 2011
The Newark mayor tells The Root, "I have an audience of over 1 million followers on Twitter -- that's bigger than my state's largest newspaper." In the latest installment of our Vine series, he talks with Omar Wasow about his building dynamic coalitions and managing his message in the digital age.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The 17-year-old rapper made threats after Perry bashed his song online.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Life Coach Helps Entrepreneurs Take Their Businesses To Next Level
- Michael Clarke Duncan’s Grave Desecrated By Racists, Family Says
- Commerce Department Announce $6.3 Million Minority Business Grant Competition
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]