by Akoto Ofori-Atta onSeptember 16, 2011
See highlights from the magazine's Made in Africa Spring 2012 showcase during Fashion Week.
by Claire Sulmers onSeptember 15, 2011
Our style experts snapped shots of attendees during New York Fashion Week -- see what they were wearing.
February 18, 2011
The Nigerian-British designer talks to The Root about why he gave up law for fashion, his "Afro-chic" aesthetic and why he believes in love at first sight.
February 16, 2011
The veteran designer talks about her Fall 2011 collection, the "it" bag of the season and why she's craving a bag that gets better with age.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Ga. Woman Allegedly Stabs Stepdad Multiple Times
- Homeless Teen Graduates At Top Of Her High School Class
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.