by Claudio E. Cabrera onFebruary 9, 2012
The NAACP blasts a Louisiana school for trying to instill hate in the hearts of its students.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJanuary 10, 2012
More than six years later, the agency says it overpaid and is sending out bills.
by Claudio E. Cabrera onJanuary 9, 2012
African-American New Orleanians are calling a new law "the black code."
by Jordan Flaherty onAugust 27, 2011
Political power has shifted to whites, but blacks have not given up their struggle for a voice -- and justice.
April 22, 2011
HBO's hit drama following New Orleans' residents is back for its second season.
by The Buzz onDecember 31, 2010
Otherwise, they'll face fines up to $500 -- a day.
by Arlene McKanic onNovember 22, 2010
Mos Def and Jeffrey Wright team deliver a frantic -- and tragic -- comedy about early New Orleans.
by Valerie Gladstone onNovember 19, 2010
by Martin Johnson onNovember 12, 2010
On the heels of the release of I Know I've Been Changed, his first all-gospel album since Hurricane Katrina, Aaron Neville chats with The Root about gospel music, New Orleans and his upcoming wedding.
by Nsenga Burton onAugust 27, 2010
The government should trust the American public with the truth.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’