August 11, 2010
Psychedelic torture of detainees? COINTELPRO? Klan-tainted soda pop? Just because you think everyone's out to get you doesn't mean it isn't true ... sometimes. The Root takes a look at some of this country's more notorious notions and separates fact from fantasy.
by Brentin Mock onFebruary 4, 2010
Member of political dynasty is the first white mayor of the Crescent City since his father left the office in 1978.
by Dayo Olopade onFebruary 4, 2010
Perry is one candidate in a crowded field who believes he can turn around his blighted city.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- James Helps Heat Stave Off Elimination In Game 6 [VIDEO]
- Serena Williams On Steubenville Rape: ‘Boys Did Something Stupid, But…Maybe She Wasn’t A Virgin’
- House Passes Far-Reaching Anti-Abortion Bill
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music