by Lynette Holloway onDecember 27, 2012
Nelson Mandela is released from the hospital. Plus: Michael Moore tells whites to stop promoting the image of black men as "the bogeyman."
by Hillary Crosley onDecember 15, 2012
On Saturday, Madiba underwent a successful procedure to remove gallstones.
December 11, 2012
A recent hospital stay has residents anxious about his health and its impact on the country's future.
by Lynette Holloway onDecember 8, 2012
A spokesman said that the 94-year-old Mandela was doing well and was receiving medical care "which is consistent for his age."
November 4, 2012
Though relations with the United States are solid, the country wants its economic voice heard.
October 3, 2012
South Africa's Jacob Zuma fancies a bigger role for the continent on the Security Council. Will he get his wish?
by A. Hawes onJune 3, 2012
The Traditional Courts measure, which gives power to local chiefs, threatens to undermine democracy.
by Charlayne Hunter-Gault onFebruary 26, 2012
Charlayne Hunter-Gault, who covered the story, shares details and why they matter to South Africans.
by Claudio E. Cabrera onFebruary 25, 2012
The hospitalization of South Africa's former leader was preplanned, said the current president.
by Claudio E. Cabrera onJanuary 7, 2012
The former South African president wlll miss his party's centennial celebration.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours