March 17, 2011
U.S. Education Secretary Arne Duncan says it's time the NCAA stopped rewarding teams that fail to meet basic academic standards off the court.
March 18, 2010
A number of African Americans have tried to buy NBA, NFL and Major League Baseball teams. Only two have become majority owners, while others became limited partners, and some invested in other pro sports.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Social media emerges as a vehicle for love and support during natural disasters.
The agency's missteps give the GOP a new way to fight the Affordable Care Act.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt