February 2, 2012
From Journal-isms: The news of Don Cornelius' death quickly consumed social media and expanded into the mainstream.
by Nsenga Burton onNovember 9, 2011
A major report says that blacks will hit this number by 2015.
July 5, 2011
The hotel maid who accuses Dominique Strauss-Kahn of forcing her into a sexual encounter has lost her status as a sympathetic figure in the American media. Plus: Joyner says Smiley, West created climate for Halperin.
June 23, 2011
From Journal-isms: The National Association of Black Journalists received reports that there are fewer or no people of color working as journalists at some Gannett newspapers. Plus: Emerge Magazine re-emerges, and Sharpton-West rematch to take place.
by E.R. Shipp onAugust 12, 2010
Job losses. Game-changing technology. Belt tightening. Welcome to the topsy-turvy world of black media in 2010.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Ga. Woman Allegedly Stabs Stepdad Multiple Times
- Homeless Teen Graduates At Top Of Her High School Class
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.