by Valerie Jarrett onFebruary 8, 2013
Your Take: Valerie Jarrett briefs us on a meeting she attended with leaders in the fight.
by Cynthia Gordy onJuly 27, 2012
Kevin Fenton of the CDC says new federal strategies and advances in HIV prevention will turn the tide.
July 14, 2010
While the hope is to get “nonjudgmental support for people living with HIV,” other language mentions supporting “high-risk communities” (read: gay and bisexual men).
by Cord Jefferson onJune 3, 2010
It's a signal the nation is finally getting serious about defeating the disease in its hardest-hit group.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966