by Lynette Holloway onJuly 29, 2011
The NAACP says that Lenny McAllister was fired because he called for a boycott of McDonald's after his mentee was fired.
July 28, 2011
Stefanie Brown explains how to make activism important to today's young people.
July 28, 2011
At the NAACP convention, the actor talked about civil liberties, tracing roots and awards shows.
July 27, 2011
The NAACP's president talks voter-ID laws and "employment discrimination 2.0."
July 26, 2011
The congresswoman, in Los Angeles for the NAACP Annual Convention, warns of the nation's possible return to Jim Crow.
July 23, 2011
We asked attendees about the NAACP's relevance, modern civil rights issues and Barack Obama.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJuly 7, 2011
There are no African-American hosts or anchors during prime time.
by Lynette Holloway onJune 14, 2011
The lawsuit is ground zero in a battle splitting advocacy groups over whether charter schools can help our children succeed.
June 3, 2011
The season shouldn't be just about relaxing in the sun -- networking opportunities abound. Here are the best gatherings of the summer.
by Hayat Mohamed onJune 3, 2011
Who passed and who failed?
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Sergio Garcia's insulting comment to Tiger Woods sparks a conversation on Twitter.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966
- Lil Scrappy: I’m Addicted To Weed!
- Black Conspiracy Theory 101: Did The White Author Of ‘Black Like Me’ Die From Skin-Darkening?
- Golfer Makes Fried Chicken Joke About Tiger Woods