by Edward Wyckoff Williams onJuly 12, 2012
The Republican candidate panders to the NAACP, then insults black voters.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJuly 12, 2012
Presdent Obama "has put the country first," the vice president told the nation's largest civil rights group.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJuly 11, 2012
Did Romney try to have a "reverse Sister Souljah moment"?
by David Swerdlick onJuly 11, 2012
He gave what could have been an effective speech -- but there were some things he failed to explain.
by Stacey Patton onJune 25, 2012
Stacey Patton, contributor to the Washington Post, argues that the NAACP shouldn't support Creflo Dollar or violence against children in the name of discipline.
by Lauren Williams onJune 15, 2012
Our reader survey suggests racial and gender gaps when it comes to thoughts on police and profiling.
June 1, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: In one day, both the state's voter-purging efforts and voter-registration law get blocked.
May 25, 2012
Comedian Marlon Wayans and more talk black youths and the justice system during a panel discussion.
May 25, 2012
This week on The Confab: Join The Root's assistant editor, Akoto Ofori-Atta, as she chats with staff writer Jenée Desmond-Harris and contributor Edward Wyckoff Williams about Republican race-baiting, the NAACP's stance on same-sex marriage and whether celebrities' sexual orientation is our business.
by Nadine Smith onMay 24, 2012
Nadine Smith, executive director of Equality Florida, writes in a piece for the Huffington Post that the NAACP has stood by LGBT people before.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Sergio Garcia's insulting comment to Tiger Woods sparks a conversation on Twitter.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966
- Lil Scrappy: I’m Addicted To Weed!
- Black Conspiracy Theory 101: Did The White Author Of ‘Black Like Me’ Die From Skin-Darkening?
- Golfer Makes Fried Chicken Joke About Tiger Woods