November 30, 2012
In today's link roundup: The civil rights organization re-engages with the issue of corporate inclusion. Plus: Black professor attacked for asking students to analyze without prejudice.
by Hillary Crosley onNovember 25, 2012
At the best public middle schools in New York City, there are few students of color.
November 16, 2012
The NAACP and its allies aim to "put a human face on the life-and-death issue of coal pollution."
by Lynette Holloway onOctober 31, 2012
A photo of two men wearing thick gold chains, baseball caps and sagging pants raises age-old questions.
by Joshua R. Weaver onOctober 19, 2012
The organization condemned the Georgia attorney general's recent move at a press conference.
October 2, 2012
President and CEO Benjamin Jealous says that Florida Gov. Rick Scott's policy making it more difficult for fomer criminals to cast ballots is an attempt to "turn back the clock."
by Lynette Holloway onSeptember 21, 2012
His execution captured the nation; 12 months later, there's still a spotlight on the death penalty.
by De'Jaun Davis-Correia onSeptember 20, 2012
Your Take: Troy Davis' nephew on his uncle and on efforts in California to end state executions.
by Brentin Mock onSeptember 16, 2012
Colorlines columnist Brentin Mock asserts that in Pennsylvania, people of color are treated as if they are committing voter fraud without proof.
September 13, 2012
"Did you change the law because you knew that people lack photo ID in poor black and brown communities?” one speaker asked as the state Supreme Court heard arguments about the controversial legislation.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Memes making fun of the two rage on for hours on Twitter and Instagram.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Twitter Decides: Miguel Wins Billboard Awards With Fan Drop Kick! [VIDEO]
- Va. GOP Candidate: Planned Parenthood Worse Than KKK, Civil Rights Leaders Guilty Of Genocide
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)