May 25, 2012
This week on The Confab: Join The Root's assistant editor, Akoto Ofori-Atta, as she chats with staff writer Jenée Desmond-Harris and contributor Edward Wyckoff Williams about Republican race-baiting, the NAACP's stance on same-sex marriage and whether celebrities' sexual orientation is our business.
by Nadine Smith onMay 24, 2012
Nadine Smith, executive director of Equality Florida, writes in a piece for the Huffington Post that the NAACP has stood by LGBT people before.
by Eugene Robinson onMay 23, 2012
Washington Post columnist Eugene Robinson says that the civil rights organization has finally returned to center stage.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMay 21, 2012
On her MSNBC program, Melissa Harris-Perry talked with Aisha Moodie-Mills about the historic development.
by Lauren Williams onMay 19, 2012
According to one member, only two people out of the 64-person board of directors voted against the resolution.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966
- Lil Scrappy: I’m Addicted To Weed!
- Black Conspiracy Theory 101: Did The White Author Of ‘Black Like Me’ Die From Skin-Darkening?
- Golfer Makes Fried Chicken Joke About Tiger Woods