by Hillary Crosley onJanuary 3, 2013
Experts explain that poor teachers and barriers to resources fuel an academic achievement gap.
by Debo Adegbile onJune 10, 2012
Your Take: A sense of déjà vu in a Florida official's refusal to halt a purge of the voter rolls.
by Sherrilyn A. Ifill onMarch 23, 2012
The late NAACP LDF president was so effective he once roused Clarence Thomas from his vow of silence.
by Lynette Holloway onMarch 22, 2012
The sixth president and director-counsel of the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund has died at age 65, sources confirmed for The Root.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A tech-marketing firm invites a new hire to join their team using social media.
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Twitter Decides: Miguel Wins Billboard Awards With Fan Drop Kick! [VIDEO]
- Va. GOP Candidate: Planned Parenthood Worse Than KKK, Civil Rights Leaders Guilty Of Genocide
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)