by Jenée Desmond-Harris onDecember 20, 2012
From Gabby's win to a teen's MIT honor to cute presidential PDA, these were highlights of our year.
May 25, 2012
This week on The Confab: Join The Root's assistant editor, Akoto Ofori-Atta, as she chats with staff writer Jenée Desmond-Harris and contributor Edward Wyckoff Williams about Republican race-baiting, the NAACP's stance on same-sex marriage and whether celebrities' sexual orientation is our business.
by Eugene Robinson onMay 23, 2012
Washington Post columnist Eugene Robinson says that the civil rights organization has finally returned to center stage.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMay 21, 2012
On her MSNBC program, Melissa Harris-Perry talked with Aisha Moodie-Mills about the historic development.
by Lauren Williams onMay 19, 2012
According to one member, only two people out of the 64-person board of directors voted against the resolution.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Sergio Garcia's insulting comment to Tiger Woods sparks a conversation on Twitter.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Black Conspiracy Theory 101: Did The White Author Of ‘Black Like Me’ Die From Skin-Darkening?
- Golfer Makes Fried Chicken Joke About Tiger Woods
- NBA’s Kevin Durant Donates $1 Million To Oklahoma Tornado Relief
- Man Sets Up Cameras In House To Find Ghosts, Catches Girlfriend Sexing Son
- Ga. Woman Allegedly Stabs Step-Dad Multiple Times