by Lynette Holloway onApril 12, 2013
With June marking the 50th anniversary of his death, his widow, Myrlie Evers-Williams, has announced a series of events that will pay tribute to Evers' work for racial equality.
January 21, 2013
After his second swearing-in, the president urged unity, tolerance and action.
by Hillary Crosley onJanuary 20, 2013
MSNBC's Melissa Harris-Perry talks with Medgar Evers' widow before her inauguration invocation.
November 19, 2011
Blogging the Beltway: Myrlie Evers-Williams says that the recent tribute to her late husband has set her free.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
As the ousted chief becomes the face of the flap, keep these facts in mind.
Six citizens were sentenced to one year for their "insulting" tweets.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Kiera Wilmot: NASA Engineer Awards Fla. Teen Scholarship To Space Academy
- Mourners Gather In Oakland To Remember Malcolm Shabazz
- 13 People Shot In Detroit Within 24-Hour Period
- 20 To 25 Injured As Conn. Commuter Trains Collide
- Murder Suspect, 20, Allegedly Admits To Killing Teen Because She Refused Abortion