by Lynette Holloway onApril 12, 2013
With June marking the 50th anniversary of his death, his widow, Myrlie Evers-Williams, has announced a series of events that will pay tribute to Evers' work for racial equality.
January 21, 2013
After his second swearing-in, the president urged unity, tolerance and action.
by Hillary Crosley onJanuary 20, 2013
MSNBC's Melissa Harris-Perry talks with Medgar Evers' widow before her inauguration invocation.
November 19, 2011
Blogging the Beltway: Myrlie Evers-Williams says that the recent tribute to her late husband has set her free.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]