by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJuly 11, 2011
He says it's his responsibility to "save the religion I love from a small number of extremists."
March 11, 2011
This week on the Confab: Join The Root's associate editor Lauren Williams as she chats with Deputy Editor Sheryl Salomon and contributors Clay Cane and Mychal Denzel Smith about homophobia in Jamaica, Bill Maher's sketchy racial humor and Rep. Peter King's hunt for radical Muslims in America.
March 7, 2011
One of two Muslim members of Congress told The Root that America faces greater internal security threats from groups that have no affiliation with Islam.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
As the ousted chief becomes the face of the flap, keep these facts in mind.
Six citizens were sentenced to one year for their "insulting" tweets.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Kiera Wilmot: NASA Engineer Awards Fla. Teen Scholarship To Space Academy
- Mourners Gather In Oakland To Remember Malcolm Shabazz
- 13 People Shot In Detroit Within 24-Hour Period
- 20 To 25 Injured As Conn. Commuter Trains Collide
- Murder Suspect, 20, Allegedly Admits To Killing Teen Because She Refused Abortion