by Jarvis DeBerry onJanuary 21, 2013
In the midst of President Obama's inauguration festivities, Times-Picayune columnist Jarvis DeBerry reminds America that Martin Luther King Jr. was threatening to most people because he challenged the status quo.
by Bernice A. King onJanuary 15, 2013
Your Take: As Bernice King notes, inauguration and MLK observances fall on the same weekend.
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music
- Face2FaceAfrica Honors Distinguished Africans At 2nd Annual F.A.C.E. List Awards
- No Trace Of North Carolina Family Man Missing Since 2010
- Tough Texas Mom Jacks Up Would-Be Carjacker