by Jarvis DeBerry onJanuary 21, 2013
In the midst of President Obama's inauguration festivities, Times-Picayune columnist Jarvis DeBerry reminds America that Martin Luther King Jr. was threatening to most people because he challenged the status quo.
by Bernice A. King onJanuary 15, 2013
Your Take: As Bernice King notes, inauguration and MLK observances fall on the same weekend.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- James Helps Heat Stave Off Elimination In Game 6 [VIDEO]
- Serena Williams On Steubenville Rape: ‘Boys Did Something Stupid, But…Maybe She Wasn’t A Virgin’
- House Passes Far-Reaching Anti-Abortion Bill
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music