September 7, 2012
Journal-isms: The Boston Globe fact-checks the Massachusetts governor on his predecessor's record.
by Edward Wyckoff Williams onSeptember 6, 2012
Unlike at the RNC last week, both the audience and the speakers represent the American melting pot.
by Lawrence D. Bobo onSeptember 6, 2012
The former president's defense of Obama inspires a passionate believer in the Democratic agenda.
by Earl Ofari Hutchinson onSeptember 6, 2012
In a piece for the Huffington Post, Earl Ofari Hutchinson breaks down the racial backdrop to the GOP candidate's presidential race.
by Michael Arceneaux onSeptember 6, 2012
Ebony's Michael Arceneaux says that the artist's use of creative license to make a political statement that her fans could take seriously was irresponsible.
by Clarence Page onSeptember 5, 2012
The Chicago Tribune's Clarence Page, who admits that both major political parties "shade the truth," says the Romney campaign has been especially guilty of the practice this election season.
by Sherrilyn A. Ifill onSeptember 4, 2012
The GOP's war on voting rights isn't new. It harks back to past efforts to alter the political process.
by Earl Ofari Hutchinson onSeptember 2, 2012
The justices Mitt Romney will chose if elected president will not be protective of civil rights, civil liberties or fairness, Earl Ofari Hutchinson writes at the Huffington Post.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onSeptember 1, 2012
"We thought it was absolutely deplorable," a Romney adviser said.
by Rashad Robinson onSeptember 1, 2012
Your Take: Rashad Robinson on the danger of Republicans' tactics to disenfranchise people of color.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Blogging the Beltway: Allegations of nepotism could haunt Clinton on the presidential campaign trail.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- 9-Year-Old Girl Among Children Missing After Oklahoma Tornado
- Christopher ‘Notorious B.I.G.’ Wallace Would Have Been 41 Today
- Teens Allegedly Post Taped Rape Of 12-Year-Old Girl On Facebook