November 28, 2012
Check out vintage shots of Marvin Gaye, Eartha Kitt and more in this sneak peek from the photo archive.
by Miles Marshall Lewis onAugust 21, 2012
From James Brown to Chris Brown, celebs' sins force fans to either support or reject their heroes.
by Brett Johnson onAugust 6, 2012
From Tupac to Lena Horne, these beloved pop stars should get the big-screen treatment.
by Hillary Crosley onJune 30, 2012
A stamp commemorating the jazz great's career has been unveiled.
by Claudio E. Cabrera onJanuary 28, 2012
The legendary jazz musician will be honored along with French singer Edith Piaf.
August 27, 2011
From Billy Eckstine's collars to Dizzy Gillespie's berets, these musicians influenced fashion.
by Dr. Todd Boyd onJuly 30, 2010
In short, Miles Davis was the personification of cool. Don Draper, not so much. The Notorious Ph.D. breaks it down for us.
by Martin Johnson onMarch 8, 2010
At 80, the very active jazz legend is still breaking ground.
February 28, 2010
The men's mag waves goodbye to Black History Month with a roundup of the most stylish black men of the past.
by Joel Dreyfuss onDecember 31, 2009
A Paris show illuminates the life and music of the great jazz musician.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours