by Jonathan Capehart onAugust 2, 2012
Jonathan Capehart writes at the Washington Post that while he supports Chick-fil-A President and CEO Dan Cathy's freedom to speak out against gay marriage, he also supports the rights of those who make their displeasure known through protest.
July 12, 2011
A conservative marriage-vow pledge that referenced slavery is not the first time politicians have dropped the "s-bomb" for their own purposes.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMarch 4, 2011
Dyson accuses Huckabee of using "white-supremacist logic" with "lethal intensity" against Obama.
by Nsenga Burton onMarch 3, 2011
Apparently because of Obama's Kenyan father, whom he met only once in his life, the president has anti-American tendencies.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onFebruary 25, 2011
Who -- besides newly minted Republican Jimmy "The Rent Is Too Damn High" McMillan -- will challenge Obama?
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.