by Hillary Crosley onMarch 14, 2013
Good Times is getting a big-screen remake -- let's hope these sitcoms don't meet the same fate.
March 7, 2013
Guess who she was spotted catching a Sweet Honey in the Rock set with?
March 1, 2013
The first lady said that her appearance complemented her support for the arts. But if you still have a problem with it, it doesn't sound as if she'll be losing any sleep.
by Courtland Milloy onFebruary 28, 2013
The Washington Post's Courtland Milloy wishes Michelle Obama would do serious work for the education of girls and skip the lighthearted TV appearances.
February 20, 2013
Out with the bare arms; in with the bangs.
February 13, 2013
At a Beasts of the Southern Wild screening, Michelle Obama delivered an urgent and personal message to students from Washington, D.C., and New Orleans.
February 12, 2013
Beyond "Let's Move": What if the first lady took on these issues during her husband's second term?
February 11, 2013
This Fashion Week, let's not take for granted the political power of the industry.
by Helena Andrews onFebruary 9, 2013
He praises her beauty constantly. Could it be a subtle message to the haters obsessed with her looks?
by Megan K. Scott onFebruary 1, 2013
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.