July 7, 2009
I certainly have mixed feelings about Michael, but I have to be honest: the Man in the Mirror helped shape my young life.
by Michael Eric Dyson onJuly 7, 2009
He burst onto the scene as a minature adult and proceeded to grow more childlike over time.
by Rebecca Walker onJuly 6, 2009
I once thought of giving Michael Jackson a hug, but celebrity had put him outside of my reach. I believe that’s what killed him in the end.
by Kai Wright onJuly 6, 2009
The King of Pop could not distinguish between self-definition and self-mutilation, but we've all had those moments. His problem was a matter of scale.
July 6, 2009
Michael Jackson was a musical genius, no doubt, but isn't the excessive playing of his music driving you crazy?
July 5, 2009
The brief clip shows Jackson being questioned in 1996...
July 5, 2009
Few folks on appear hot or bothered over the Supreme Court's recent assault on once untouchable relics of the civil rights movement. When pointing out the SCOTUS decision on Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act or the infamous reverse remix known as Ricci v. DeStefano, most folks look at you in a spat of bewildered angst: "Your point is?"...
July 3, 2009
This video was shot less than 48 hours before the pop icon's death...
July 2, 2009
This week on The Confab: Calling out the King of Pop. What does Barack Obama owe Michael Jackson? And is Gov. Mark Sanford smitten or just out of his mind? Join The Root's Deputy Editor Terence Samuel as he talks with contributors to The Root Jimi Izrael and Marjorie Valbrun.
* Podcast production by Abdullah Rufus.
* Podcast theme music by Timothy Morrison.
July 2, 2009
Michael allegedly suffered from self-loathing, but can Blacks relate?
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’