by Celeste Little onNovember 28, 2012
The Root Recommends: A moving tribute album to the late jazz singer's "sovereign soul."
by Erin E. Evans onJune 27, 2012
From D'Angelo's urban cool to Eric Roberson's indie cred, we recall those who defined a genre.
by John Murph onOctober 12, 2009
“I get a lot more criticism,” says the jazz-funk veteran, “from people of color when I’m in a relationship with someone outside my race.”
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Cleveland Eateries Promise Charles Ramsey Free Burgers For Life
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack