by Tricia Elam onSeptember 14, 2012
New York's Fordham University offers legal assistance and courses to aspiring designers and models.
by Harriette Cole onSeptember 10, 2012
After her Spring 2013 show, the designer talks inspiration, Michelle Obama's DNC dress and more.
September 16, 2011
Bright colors ruled the runways of Tracy Reese, Duro Olowu, Stephen Burrows and more.
by Claire Sulmers onSeptember 13, 2011
Ayaan and Idyl Mohallim, the twin sisters behind the clothing line Mataano, talk race, economy and fashion icons.
September 12, 2011
The A-list designer chats about black fashion designers, inspiration and running a business.
September 10, 2011
The former Project Runway contestant has back-to-back fashion shows this season.
by Abdul Ali onFebruary 22, 2011
Uptown magazine's Fashion Week gallery captures some amazing street style around Lincoln Center.
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- James Helps Heat Stave Off Elimination In Game 6 [VIDEO]
- Serena Williams On Steubenville Rape: ‘Boys Did Something Stupid, But…Maybe She Wasn’t A Virgin’
- House Passes Far-Reaching Anti-Abortion Bill
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music