by Lynette Holloway onMay 28, 2012
The White House released the president's Memorial Day proclamation, which included a prayer for peace.
May 28, 2011
Gil Scott-Heron might not have been a journalist, but the poet and musician was sure enough a social commentator who could "make it sing."
May 27, 2011
Despite strides made in previous decades, African Americans are a tiny fraction of military brass. Former Army Secretary Clifford Alexander explains why.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMay 27, 2011
It was 1865, and many of the organizers were recently freed slaves.
May 28, 2010
This holiday weekend Vox Africanus honors the men and women who've died while in military service.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A tech-marketing firm invites a new hire to join their team using social media.
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Twitter Decides: Miguel Wins Billboard Awards With Fan Drop Kick! [VIDEO]
- Va. GOP Candidate: Planned Parenthood Worse Than KKK, Civil Rights Leaders Guilty Of Genocide
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)