by Genetta M. Adams onMay 22, 2013
These high-ranking leaders are rare and serve their country with distinction.
by Lynette Holloway onMay 28, 2012
The White House released the president's Memorial Day proclamation, which included a prayer for peace.
May 28, 2011
Gil Scott-Heron might not have been a journalist, but the poet and musician was sure enough a social commentator who could "make it sing."
May 27, 2011
Despite strides made in previous decades, African Americans are a tiny fraction of military brass. Former Army Secretary Clifford Alexander explains why.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMay 27, 2011
It was 1865, and many of the organizers were recently freed slaves.
May 28, 2010
This holiday weekend Vox Africanus honors the men and women who've died while in military service.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Will Eric Holder consult journalists of color during the Justice Department's review?
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Being The Change: Philadelphia Grandmother Earns Culinary Degree, Credits Obama With Motivation
- Parents Talk Leaving Chicago In Wake Of Mass School Closings
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]