by Edward Wyckoff Williams onDecember 10, 2012
As support for legalization grows, he has choices to make that could keep many blacks out of prison.
by John McWhorter onNovember 9, 2011
Why does his administration take UFO spotters more seriously than it does those who want to legalize pot?
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJanuary 27, 2011
The former talk-show host uses the drug for chronic pain.
by Sherrilyn A. Ifill onJanuary 8, 2011
But saying it out loud is not the same as understanding it. And that includes accepting that the nation's founders knew the document's interpretation would change with the times.
by Nsenga Burton onNovember 15, 2010
Is this Lemony Snicket, the black version?
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The agency's missteps give the GOP a new way to fight the Affordable Care Act.
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours