September 5, 2012
Leaders, activists and more explain what the party has to get across to voters by November.
by Claudio E. Cabrera onJanuary 14, 2012
Mayor Nutter says that the slain 14-year-olds should have "been in bed."
by John McWhorter onAugust 11, 2011
At the core of young black men's violence against mostly white victims: the constant presence of police.
by Nsenga Burton onAugust 9, 2011
Mayor Michael Nutter tells teens, "You've damaged your race."
May 16, 2011
Not cooperating with the police is standard in too many communities -- but there are exceptions, say researchers who spent three years talking with kids in Philadelphia's toughest neighborhoods.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- James Helps Heat Stave Off Elimination In Game 6 [VIDEO]
- Serena Williams On Steubenville Rape: ‘Boys Did Something Stupid, But…Maybe She Wasn’t A Virgin’
- House Passes Far-Reaching Anti-Abortion Bill
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music