by Jack White onMarch 28, 2013
A group raises millions to build a memorial to your dad, pays you well and now can't use his name?
December 11, 2012
Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar has announced plans to scratch the "drum major" inscription.
by Cynthia Gordy onFebruary 15, 2012
Opposed to a recently announced change, the memorial foundation says it wasn't even at the table.
December 9, 2011
Check out the best stops on our list of places in the U.S. that all African Americans should visit.
August 25, 2011
Rare 1957 footage from the PBS archives is a glimpse into civil rights history.
August 17, 2011
From Blogging the Beltway: You may be surprised by who did -- and who did not.
August 12, 2011
Rev. Al gives the details on his march with Tom Joyner, set for Aug. 27 in Washington, D.C.
July 8, 2011
Wrong artist? Too Asian? Too confrontational looking? A couple of months before the dedication, the criticism keeps rolling in.
June 7, 2010
The Chinese group building it has launched a "construction cam."
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Will Eric Holder consult journalists of color during the Justice Department's review?
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Being The Change: Philadelphia Grandmother Earns Culinary Degree, Credits Obama With Motivation
- Parents Talk Leaving Chicago In Wake Of Mass School Closings
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]