by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJune 4, 2012
The fight to allow same-sex couples to marry is starting to feel familiar.
May 31, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: A heated forum shows that black Christians are not monolithic on the issue.
by Jonathan Capehart onMay 31, 2012
The Washington Post's Jonathan Capehart reflects on how far we have to go on the issue of marriage equality.
by Barbara Reynolds onMay 26, 2012
In a piece for The Root DC, ordained minister Barbara Reynolds argues that African-American Christians can reconcile support for the president with their faith.
May 25, 2012
This week on The Confab: Join The Root's assistant editor, Akoto Ofori-Atta, as she chats with staff writer Jenée Desmond-Harris and contributor Edward Wyckoff Williams about Republican race-baiting, the NAACP's stance on same-sex marriage and whether celebrities' sexual orientation is our business.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMay 24, 2012
Support for marriage equality among African Americans is even higher than among the general population.
by Nadine Smith onMay 24, 2012
Nadine Smith, executive director of Equality Florida, writes in a piece for the Huffington Post that the NAACP has stood by LGBT people before.
by Edmund Newton onMay 21, 2012
Speaking to the press and The Root, the group's leaders dispelled misconceptions about their stance.
May 21, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: The group's endorsement is not about morals or religion; rather, it's about equality under the law.
by Dr. Boyce Watkins onMay 15, 2012
In an opinion piece for EURweb, Dr. Boyce Watkins asks why black Christians are being scrutinized so much more intensely than their white counterparts when it comes to views on marriage equality.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]