by Marian Wright Edelman onFebruary 25, 2013
For the Huffington Post, Children's Defense Fund President Marian Wright Edelman compares the number of gun violence deaths to the number of lynching victims in the 1800s, with surprising results.
by Marian Wright Edelman onMay 7, 2012
America is spilling over with racist poison, according to Huffington Post columnist Marian Wright Edelman.
by Mary C. Curtis onJanuary 21, 2011
Children's Defense Fund founder Marian Wright Edelman tells The Root, "We do not have a children problem; we have an adult problem."
by Charles E. Cobb Jr. onJune 21, 2010
Founded in the civil rights era to meet the challenge of white supremacist school systems, today's activist students fan out each summer to teach an essential skill: literacy.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- UPDATE: 9-Year-Old Girl Who Went Missing After Oklahoma Tornado Found Dead