by Lynette Holloway onMay 4, 2013
Marco McMillian, the openly gay Clarkdale, Miss., mayoral candidate, was also severely beaten about the head.
by Françoise N. Hamlin onMarch 18, 2013
On the Huffington Post, Françoise N. Hamlin discusses the death of mayoral candidate Marco McMillian, finding that he wasn't the only black and gay politician the state has seen.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMarch 6, 2013
Marco McMillian's distinction as perhaps the first viable openly gay candidate for public office in Mississippi and the condition of his body raise questions about whether his death was a federal hate crime. One politician from his state wants the FBI to look into it.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMarch 1, 2013
Update: Lawrence Reed, 22, of Shelby, Miss., has been charged with murder in connection with the death of Marco McMillian.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt